Kernow Men’s Society Health and Safety Policy:-
Statement of intent:-
- The policy of Kernow Men’s Society (hereinafter KMS for simplicity) is to provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions and environments for all our members and users, plus any other people who are directly affected by our activities, such as members of the public, at our events.
- Overall and final responsibility for health and safety at all events and activities organised by KMS lies with the Management Committee. This responsibility will be delegated to a named member for each event or activity. This member will be responsible for ensuring that this policy is upheld.
- For our Management Committee meetings the responsible person is: Mark Fanning.
- For all other events the responsible person will be named in advance and their name will be noted on all relevant risk assessments. All members involved will be made aware of who is responsible for health and safety.
- The main activity of KMS is to organise social activities and support for its members. A risk assessment will be carried out before every one off event. This will include assessing risk as it relates to all aspects of the event including: equipment; venue; volunteers; members; attendees. Appropriate precautions will be taken to minimise hazards at all events and activities.
- KMS may also run regular events at the same venue as our committee meetings. In this case we will carry out a general risk assessment for the event/activity/equipment/venue. All general risk assessments will be reviewed at least once a year.
- We will have a trained first aider present at any events which are open to the public.
- We will make sure all volunteers and members at events and activities are aware of the location of fire exits.
- All volunteers and members will be made aware of the precautions they need to take as noted on the relevant risk assessment.
- No volunteer or member will run an event or activity on their own, and at least two volunteers or members should stay at an event until it is finished and the last attendees/members have left.
- KMS holds Public Liability Insurance with Zurich Insurance plc (details available upon request).
This policy will be reviewed every year.
August 13th 2018
1st August 2019 and reviewed each subsequent year to date.
Signed (Chair) Mark Fanning
Signed (Secretary) Peter Banwell-Clode
Signed (Treasurer) Mark Logan